Saturday, October 6, 2007

Schooling Your Kids


My husband got it in his brain that we needed to put all of our vinyl onto cd. Let me tell you this is no easy task. For one our record player is no longer hooked up, two our cats really are interested in things that spin and three we have quite a bit of vinyl. Well he was determined; got some software, hooked up the turntable and started in.
Our kids were so fascinated by the turntable, they just couldn't understand why there wasn't a cd any where to be seen. I felt amazingly like my parents trying to explain to our kids about the technology of my youth. But they had a blast and danced there little hearts out, to specifically, the B-52's. Although this evening made me start to feel really old, it was a lot of fun. My husband even danced a little. For those of you who know him this is not an easy thing to get him to do. But I guess with the right music people will do just about anything.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

It's always nice to have your favorite music on cd's but there's something about vinyl records...

Wow, by the way...first you start coming to knitting again (yeah, work, blah, blah, blah) and now a blog...what's next?

Debbie T said...

Yea!!!! I finally took the plunge too gurl and I'm thinking this could be fun!
Vinyl? You mean people still have those??? That would be pretty funny showing those to my grandkids...they would probably think they are some sort of really cool frisbees! LOL
Hope you can make it sometime again on Wednesday...you are missed!

Deedee